Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Reflection


While I sit here on the bench
I see many things and imagery
A couple romancing at the park in front of a picnic basket
His lips pressed on to hers
While her hair flow in the rhythm of the wind.
The food aroma roaming through the sky.
I wonder many things about the couple,
Are  they married?
Are they really in love?
A hand touches my shoulder
And I notice that the couple is me and my lover
And truly I can say
Yes I am married
And yes I am in love

2 comments:

  1. The approach is interesting. I would like to have seen you go deeper into the imagery of the possibility of someone looking at themselves and their lover. At that point it may even turn into self reflection pertaining to your own relationship and the power of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great poem, first i thought you where talking about what you were seeing than i realized its about you. Great approach.

    ReplyDelete