Monday, October 10, 2011

REJECTION

I wait for a special message from him
a message in which I can share with all my friends.
his lips quiver and shake before he tells me the message
his palms get all sweaty, and beads of sweat trickle down his forehead
the room stands still as if god press the pause button on his remote control
my hearts beats faster, you can hear it pumping through my strapless diamond beaded covered dress
the rain stops outside and the sky suddenly clears up.
It is the middle of winter and outside look like spring as just began
As he get on his knees he blurted out four simple words, every woman dream of
WILL YOU MARRY ME!!
I respond back with no
the sky suddenly turns grayish
his face turns into stone
and all my surroundings turns black

3 comments:

  1. I liked how you ended with "all my surroundings turn to black" It's obvious this girl is about to say no to this guy, and the way you did it left the reader guessing. My favorite part was "the room stands still as if god press the pause button on his remote control" that was a really cool, clever, and awesome line. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this poem. I like how it was in a story form and you couldn't guess the end. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow thats screwed up. From the title I had assumed you were the one that was going to get rejected for something but never assumed you would be doing the rejection especially when you described every detail of what he was doing so well

    ReplyDelete